PFGRC Microarray Data Analysis Tutorial
The PFGRC Bioinformatics Group has developed a basic microarray data analysis tutorial. Our goal in building the tutorial is to help investigators using PFGRC microarrays and other researchers using 2 dye arrays to become familiar with the basics of microarray data analysis. The tutorial uses the TM4 Microarray Software Suite and covers the three primary phases of microarray data analysis: Image Processing, Filtering and Normalization, and Data Mining. The tutorial is a practical guide to using the TM4 tools and features data from a published study on antibiotic induced changes in gene expression. Aside from practical information, many helpful tips are included to emphasize the goal of each stage of the analysis. Please download the tutorial guide PDF file to learn more about the scope of the tutorial.
- Download Tutorial Document Only [PDF (2MB)]
- Download Tutorial Document and Data Archive [ZIP (58MB)]
- Covers the three primary phases of microarray data analysis
- Descriptive step-by-step instructions for processing data using the TM4 Microarray Software Suite
- Tips and practical observations are highlighted
- Data set is a subset of data from a published study on Staphylococcus aureus response to antibiotic challenge
Contact for Questions Regarding the Tutorial
Courses at the PFGRC: Beyond the Tutorial
The PFGRC offers free hands-on courses that cover microarray lab protocols, basic microarray data analysis, and advanced microarray data analysis. These courses provide a very good framework for understanding the basic concepts of microarray data analysis and provide an overview of many popular analysis techniques. Course participants benefit from having time to ask questions directly to the PFGRC research associates and the PFGRC software team who develop the TM4 Microarray Software Suite. Please take a visit the PFGRC Education page for more information on our course offerings.